Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Thoughts on Atlanta, Georgia

My family and I just got back from a wonderful vacation in Atlanta, Georgia. We visited the Martin Luther King Jr. historic site, went to the High Museum of Art (including the Louvre-Atlanta exhibit) which had a civil rights exhibition going on, and spent time at a National Black Arts Festival (celebrating their 20th anniversary) that was outside next door to the High Museum. We visited friends and enjoyed great food and entertainment, along with our dear friends. My kids also loved Atlanta.

Going on a trip like this was refreshing. But it taught me something. We really need to do this more often. It really helps with perspective. And I just need it. I get charged when I go to museums of art, or visit awe-inspiring natural environments, or get challenged by history up close. I sense the presence of God at these places and I naturally worship.

Upon getting back, we were thankful for the trip and getting back safely. We prayed as a family in thankfulness to God, and we prayed for our friends. Meeting with the church is its own glory. But doing this also has a glory to it.

2 comments:

  1. we had such a great time with you and your family! let's not wait so long before we do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, John. We loved it and loved seeing you all. We had a ball. You are right, let's not make it so long again.

    ReplyDelete