Tuesday, July 07, 2009

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do


Original photo courtesy MorguFile.com

What do you do when you don't know what to do?

Try praying, do what you know to do, and wait. It seems to be such a lost art in our driven society. We want to work toward solutions. But as Christians we probably need to value God's role more than we tend to do.

I want to evangelize the world. But the world is too big for me. I want to live a life of holiness. But my flesh gets in the way of that plan. I want to love my neighbor as myself. But I love myself too much. I want to give, serve, understand, etc. etc.

But what I need to do is pay more attention to what God already said I need to do. I need to read His Word, pray for help, and rely on God. I need to trust Jesus and obey him as a result. Where does he want me to go and do right now? I don't always know or really need to know. I really just need to rely on him and trust him with the consequences.

I frankly don't know what else there is other than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment